We meet 4 times a year, usually at a member's offices, but occasionally at external venues, including the Corporation of London's City Marketing Suite.
Our remaining 2019 meeting is as follows:
- Wednesday 11th September (10:00 – 13:00, followed by lunch)
- Wednesday 4th December (14.00 – 17.30, including AGM, followed by an evening social)
We discuss a wide range of topics from both internal and external speakers, and also hold discussions and workshops. Meetings normally conclude with lunch,
except in December, when there is an evening social.
We hold our meetings under the "Chatham House Rule". The Rule states:
"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed".
We operate on this basis in order to set a framework for members to use the information gained at our meetings when they return to their employer, whilst at the same time protecting the identity of the person / company who provided that information.
Use of the rule has allowed us to be open in discussion, which has been one of the critical success factors for the Group.
You can read more about the Chatham House Rule on the web site
of the Royal Institute of International Affairs.
The content and format of meetings is determined collectively by members so may include any combination of presentations, open forum or panel discussions, etc. Whilst the group encourages and
places considerable dependence on its members to make presentations or lead discussions themselves it does occasionally invite outside speakers, but always on the strict understanding that no ‘sales
pitch’ is given.
Recent topics have included:
- Is a Digital Bank more or less resilient than a traditional bank?
- Best practice on the Human Aspects of BC
- Current Threats and Counter Terrorism Issues (by the City of London Police).
- Resilience and Crisis Management in Major Organisations
- Beyond the risks – London Business Resilience Planning & Evacuation Mapping
- 9/11 twelve years on
- Update from the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure
- The PRA - future exercising
- 7/7 victim identification
- BCP on a Budget
- Police Briefing on Funding of Terrorism
- Super Storm Sandy
- Soapbox 5 minutes
- Regulator Themed Visits on Resiliency
- Understanding ISO 22301
- Continuity Planning During Eurozone instability
- Proving Preparedness – what’s enough
- Recovery and Resolution Planning
If you are not a group member and would like to present to the group, please email your suggestions to the Group's Chairman.